Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Hey everyone! It's been an awesome month of June.
1. I finished my 5th year of teaching. It was a great year!
2. I went on 2 interviews for a job position for DCCCD. I was offered the position and I accepted it! I am soooooo excited!!!! I've been in the clouds since then, lol! I will be a student services specialist working with International Students. I will be doing advising and registration for ESOL classes as well as working on a side project that reaches out to the hispanic population who want to improve their English skills by offering them an opportunity to get a college education. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but it's going to be worth it!!! This position offers many growth opportunities as well as discovering skills and talents that I am not aware of. I am so grateful for this opportunity...:D
As this month begins, I do look forward to some upcoming events:
1. I get to enjoy my time off until I start my new job July 14.
2. My 28th birthday on 7/29....I actually remember since I've been reminded many times, lol!
3. In August, a very good friend of mine is getting married! Can't wait!!! :D
Overall, I am doing well, thankfully. I hope this blog finds everyone well!