Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Beautiful Hit!



It's been a whirlwind these past couple of weeks! Last week, my second course began, I prepared final exams for my students and trying to get my grades submitted. In addition to that, getting ready for the new semester.
This past week flew by as well!
On Tuesday, I was given my free Jason Deli's lunch from my girls' basketball student which was awesome. That was followed by a Teacher Appreciation flower presentation during halftime that night. It was sooo sweet! I felt so humbled by the whole experience, Moments like these assure me, I must be doing something right.
On Wednesday, I went to Donnie's viewing in Rockwall. Donnie was a very dear friend from Church. He was a special part of our church family. He always had a big smile on his face that reflected the joy and love of the Lord. He passed away on 1-21-08.
On Thursday, I was not at work. I attended Donnie's funeral. The funeral was not like any other. My pastor conducted the funeral and God spoke through him wonderful words of comfort and encouragement to Donnie's family. It was a touching funeral service.

On Friday, I returned to work and the day could not have gone any slower. A full moon+students in a classroom=chaos! Love them, but by golly they were driving me bonkers. Afterschool, I left to JavaRanch for the weekly study group and stayed there until 8:30 or so. Got a lot done, but I was just shutting down I was sooo exhausted!

Then on Saturday, we had a Youth "Rise goes bowling!" outing which was so much fun. We went to bowl-a-rama in Rowlett to play at the arcades, ate pizza and of course bowled! Afterwards, we left for evening service which was so refreshing and much needed! :D

Today was catch-up day. I woke up at 11am....yeah I was pooped, LOL! I went grocery shopping, washed clothes, completed the rest of my homework, and watched a movie or 2. I enjoyed staying in today. This week, I'll be studying for my midterm and plan on staying up til 3am on Friday night taking my mid-term! LOL!

I hope ya'll are doing wonderful!
Love ya'll,
Laura :D

1 comment:

АLEKSANDRA said...

well, you have things to do is good!!!!
means you are awake and living it